Clickable map of California
Click on locations in the map on the right, you will find some of my mountain pictures.
Eastern Sierra Nevada / White Mountains
Alpine Lake on east slope of Mount Conness; in Yosemite National Park, W of Lee Vining, CA, elev. 11033'/3363 m.
- Overlooking Garnet Lake near the foot of Banner Peak; W of Mammoth Lakes, CA,
elev. ~10,500' (Ansel Adams Wilderness).
- On trail to Mono Pass; above Rock Creek basin. W. of Toms Place,
CA, elev. ~11,700' (John Muir Wilderness)
summit of Mount Dade on Sierra crest above Rock Creek basin. W. of Toms Place, CA, elev. ~13,200'/4023
m. (John Muir Wilderness)
- Lake Sabrina, in Bishop Creek basin W of Bishop, CA, elev. ~9,000'.
- On Bishop Pass, on Sierra crest looking toward Bishop Creek basin, Mt.
Humphreys, Mt. Tom, and Owens Valley. SW of Bishop, CA, elev. 12,000'/3658 m. (John Muir Wilderness)
- On summit of Campito Mtn., on crest of White Mountains beyond the Ancient
Bristlecone Pine Forest. Sierra Nevada's eastern escarpment is in the background.
Northern Sierra Nevada / Southern Cascade Range
top of Feather Falls (640'/194m high) above Middle Fork Feather River Canyon, NE of Oroville, CA. elev. ~2,500'.
- Overlooking Lake Tahoe from Heavenly Valley ski resort, E of South Lake Tahoe,
CA, on California/Nevada border, elev. ~10,000'.
- On the slopes of Round Top Peak, S of South Lake Tahoe,
CA, elev. ~10,000' (Mokelumne Wilderness).
Central / Southern Sierra Nevada
snowy northeast ridge of Madera Peak with south Yosemite's Gale Peak, Merced Peak, and Triple Divide Peak
in the background. NE of North Fork, CA, elev. ~9500' (Ansel Adams Wilderness).
- By a fallen giant sequoia tree in Giant Forest, Sequoia National Park, CA,
Coastal California / San Francisco Bay
top of Mount St. Helena, looking down Napa Valley. N of Calistoga, CA, elev. 4,343'/1303 m.
- On top of Cone Peak, above Pacific Ocean S of Big Sur, CA, elev. 5,155'/1571
morning by a coastal stream in Big Sur country. N of San Simeon, CA.
wild flowers in the Mt. Diablo foothills, E of San Francisco Bay.
- N shoreline of San Francisco Bay near where I live.